The Vietnam War claimed many lives, spurred protests and changed the lives of Vietnamese citizens. Test your knowledge with this HowStuffWorks quiz.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Civil War Quiz
- How the Battle of Gettysburg Worked
- How the Emancipation Proclamation Worked
- How the United Nations Works
- How the Judicial System Works
- How Subways Work
- American Civil War
- Gettysburg Address
- The Path Towards American Independence
- Reconstruction and Reunion
- American Indians
- History of Africa
More Great Links
- Adventure Cycling Association. http://www.bicyclingworld.com
- Aratani, Lori. "Retracing Steps to Freedom, In Maryland's Back Yard; Visitors Can Follow Underground Railroad at Sandy Spring." The Washington Post. Oct. 19, 2006.
- Bordewich, Fergus M. "Bound for Canaan." HarperCollins. 2005.
- Clark, Jayne. "New bicycle routes trace Underground Railroad." USA Today. March 9, 2007.
- The Emancipation Network. http://www.emancipationnetwork.org
- Harris, Patricia and David Lyon. "Homes proved vital stops for Underground Railroad." The Boston Globe. April 4, 2007.
- Howell, Steven. "Underground Railroad's secrets are explored in Exporail exhibit." The Gazette (Montreal). Feb. 9, 2007.
- International Justice Mission. http://www.ijm.org/index.php
- McPherson, James M. "Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era." Ballantine Books. 1988.
- The Milton House Museum. http://www.miltonhouse.org
- National Geographic: The Underground Railroad. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/railroad/j1.html
- National Park Service guide to Underground Railroad. http://www.nps.gov/history/ugrr
- National Park Service online history book. http://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/ugrr/exuggr2.htm
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. http://www.freedomcenter.org
- Okur, Nilgun Anadolu. "Underground Railroad in Philadelphia, 1830 - 1860." Journal of Black Studies. Vol. 25, No. 5 (May 1995).
- Polaris Project. http://www.polarisproject.org
- Preston, E. Delorus, Jr. "The Underground Railroad in Northwest Ohio." The Journal of Negro History. Vol. 17, No. 4 (Oct., 1932)
- "railroad." Encyclopedia Britannica. 2008. Encyclopedia Britannica Online. 28 Jan. 2008. http://www.example.com/Link21.
- Siebert, Wilbur H. "The Underground Railroad from Slavery to Freedom." The Macmillan Company. 1898.
- "The Underground Railroad and the Secret Codes of Antebellum Slave Quilts." The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education. No. 46 (Winter, 2004-2005).
- Underground Railroad Living Museum: www.the-ugrr.org