Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Did the ancient Greeks get their ideas from the Africans?
- Why can boats made of steel float on water when a bar of steel sinks?
- How Sailboats Work
- How Steampunk Works
- History of Ancient Greece
- Top 5 Mad Geniuses
- Inside "Mythbusters"
- How the Scientific Method Works
- How the Sun Works
More Great Links
- Amore, Khan. "Math and science footnotes for Khan Amore's 'Hypatia'." http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:6_ywPnuDJgwJ:www.hypatia-lovers.com/footnotes/Section08.pdf+archimedes+death+ray&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=us
- McLeod. "Notes and discussions: The range of the ancient bow: addenda." http://www.jstor.org/pss/1087210
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. "Are Malthus's predicted 1798 food shortages coming true? (Extended version." Scientific American. August 2008.http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=are-malthus-predicted-1798-food-shortages
- Stein, Sherman K. "Archimedes." MAA. 1999. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=jCMyPGBhkToC&oi=fnd&pg=PP9&dq=Polybius+archimedes+mirrors&ots=d9K8vX1HP2&sig=tthlZLXIF6bMfZs5vgF0FBPU5bU#PPA5,M1
- "About Archimedes." The Archimedes Palimpsest. http://www.archimedespalimpsest.org/archimedes_bio1.html
- "Archimedes." MSN Encarta.http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761558086/archimedes.html
- "Archimedes and the computation of pi." University of Utah. http://www.math.utah.edu/~alfeld/Archimedes/Archimedes.html
- "Archimedes death ray: idea feasibility testing." Massachusetts Institute of Technology. October 2005.http://web.mit.edu/2.009/www/experiments/deathray/10_ArchimedesResult.html
- "The Archimedes Project." Stanford University.http://archimedes.stanford.edu/
- "Who was Archimedes?" PBS. July 2003. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/archimedes/lrk_biography.html