Lots More Information
Jimmy Hoffa disappeared on July 30, 1975 and hasn't been seen since. HowStuffWorks talks to an expert with a theory about what might have happened.
Author's Note: 5 Myths about How Cars Used to Work
I used to work at a magazine that specialized in writing about collectible cars — old cars, expensive cars, European cars, muscle cars — all of them. And every reader I met, or who wrote in with a letter, had a different mythology. A cultural anthropologist would have a field day cataloging the belief sets of old car guys. There is no car part, from leather seats to rubber gaskets, that does not have a set of conflicting stories surrounding it. The one thing that holds true for every old car guy, however, is his absolute faith in his own set of myths.
- Davies, Alex. "15 Car Myths That People Still Believe." Business Insider. Sept. 13, 2013. (Oct. 29, 2014) http://www.businessinsider.com/15-car-myths-debunked-2013-9
- Mikkelson, Barbara. "Red Handed." Snopes.com. June 12, 2014. (Oct. 29, 2014) http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp
- Model T Ford Club. "Paint Colors." ModelT.org. (Nov. 4, 2014) http://modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21:paint-colors&catid=26:paint&Itemid=88
- Orlove, Raphael. "The Ten Most Ridiculous Car Myths." Jalopnik.com. Jan. 10, 2013. (Oct. 29, 2014) http://jalopnik.com/5974850/the-ten-most-ridiculous-car-myths
- Sass, Rob. "Classic car myths busted." Yahoo! Autos. Sept. 10, 2013. (Oct. 29, 2014) https://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/classic-car-myths-busted-140840275.html