Lots More Information
Tom Horn had a wild reputation. But there's doubt as to whether he really shot young Willie Nickell, the crime for which he was hanged. We investigate.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Bachrach, Deborah. The Inquisition. Lucent Books, 1995.
- Beccaria, Cesare. Of Crimes and Punishments. (Ingraham, Edward D., trans.) Philip H. Nicklin, Philadelphia, 1819 (original work published in 1764).
- Farrington, Karen. History of Punishment and Torture. Octopus Publishing Group, 2000.
- Gallonio, Antonio. Trattato Degli Instrumenti di Delle Varie Maniere di Martirizare (Tortures and Torments of the Christian Martyrs). ( A. R. Allinson, trans.) The Fortune Press, Paris, 1903 (original work published in 1605).
- Goldberg, Enid A. & Itzkowitz, Norman. Tomas de Torquemada: Architect of Torture During the Spanish Inquisition. Franklin Watts, 2007.
- Hunt, Lynn. Inventing Human Rights. W.W. Norton and Company. 2007.
- Innes, Brian. The History of Torture. St. Martin's Press, 1998.
- Kellaway, Jean. The History of Torture and Execution. Mercury Books, 2003.
- Medieval Times & Castles. "The Breast Ripper."http://www.medievality.com/breast-ripper.html
- Medieval Times & Castles. "The Pear of Anguish."http://www.medievality.com/pear-of-anguish.html
- Parry, L.A. The History of Torture in England. Patterson Smith, 1975.